You all must have heard about the most hyped 'Beauty Blender' out there; a cute 'drop' shaped, Hot Pink Makeup Sponge applicator :) What's there not to love about it?
Well, its amazingly awesomely the best invention in the Makeup Industry. I've been using the beauty blender and its dupes for whole of my Makeup Artistry Currier and I can't pack my kit without it.
Lets talk about the the History behind the Beauty Blender, shall we?
How to Use?
Now basically there are 2 ways you can use your beauty blender, or for instance actually any Makeup Sponge applicator. Damped and Dry. I, personally suggest using it damped/wet because of the following reasons:
- Firstly, to be honest, just because its fun and fluffy to use it when its damped :)
- And now seriously, because it doesn't soak up as much of your foundation/concealer.
- Also you will find blending much easier when its damped than dry.
- Comparative to a foundation brush, damped beauty blender wont leave out any strokes on your face.
It is not only a must have for Makeup Artists, I suggest all my clients/students to have it in their routine as well. It gives you the perfect flawless coverage and airbrushed finish effortlessly.
Now you need to know how to use it in the right way, its no rocket science, I'll show you step by step how to do it!
- Keep the beauty blender under the tap water until the blender has grown to its limit.
- Take your concealer/foundation, it can be cream, liquid, mousse or foam. Everything works!
- Now just check what area of your face you are gonna be working on and choose the side of the blender accordingly. I like to use the tip of the blender to reach areas like under the eyes, inner corners, around the nose and also to spot conceal. And the flat area just to blend in the foundation all over the face.
- You can either dip the blender directly in the product or first pump the product behind your hands and then pick it up with the blender.
- Make sure you don't pick up a lot of product that your sponge sucks it up inside, build it up little by little. That's the beauty of it :)
- Now apply it on your face with a dabbing motion. Do not sweep the sponge, you won't get the best results.
And that's it!
Price and Where to Buy?
Originally the Beauty Blender retails for $19.95 (KD5.6) in the US and on the official website HERE.
Unfortunately it is still not available at Sephora Kuwait, but definitely you can purchase it from my favourite Instagram sellers here in Kuwait:
Barbie Shop q8 - @barbieshopq8 - KD9.5
I know its pricey, but trust me its worth the investment!
I'll be doing a blog coming up with dupes for this stuff soon :)
Any Suggestions, Requests, comments is acceptable!
For business inquires and makeover appointments, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org