Sunday 22 June 2014

Review: Bourjois Rouge Edition 'Velvet' in the shade 'Grand Cru'


This if for all you Vampy Lip lovers out there :)

As you know, I'm not a big fan of Reds, Magentas and Maroons. I just don't like the way it looks on me, but you guys say it suits me sometimes. So I'm gonna review this product for you guys cause' I'm freaking loving it!

This is the new Rouge Edition 'Velvet' by Bourjois, yes for the 100th time, Bourjois again! I love them so much ^^ Anyhu, Liquid Lipsticks are totally inn at the moment. Literally every brand is making them, NYX, Milani, Karaza, Loreal, etc. (I love the NYX one as well, reviewing them next!) So basically a liquid lipstick is an opaque lipgloss that comes in glossy, matte or sheer textures.


The Bourjois Rouge Edition 'Velvet's has a beautiful non-drying velvet matte finish and is buildable. You can layer on the product without it clumping up as most of the matte lip stains do. It claims to last upto 24 hours, but seriously who wears lipstick for that long? In my experience, the shade starts to fade after 4-5 hours and also it doesn't completely dry up, it still transfers on your cups, food, hands, etc.


It comes totally in 8 shades. Every color is unique and beautiful, every personality can find their preferred shade. Once you're at the booth, the decision in tough :( 


It has the regular slant foam lipgloss applicator. The product is true to its color and very opaque. It swatches very faintly on the hands, but trust me, on the lips its super opaque and pigmented! Well my camera is picking the color very faint, but in person this shade 'Grand Cru' is the bloodiest maroon.


Here's the swatches for the Lipstick with and without flash (with flash looks shiny coz of the flash guys, its matte finish)

Where to Buy and Price?


Well, as always you can pick up this product from any Bourjois counters at Boots, VaVaVoom, Debenhams, Center Point, Max, etc. all over Kuwait.

It Retails for around KD5.25

Thanks so much for reading. Happy Makeup-ing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment